Standard First Aid CPR-C/AED
SKU: SFA Hours: 16
The Standard First Aid course the WSIB requirements for >5 employees at a work site. It is a comprehensive course covering the principles of First Aid/CPR, life-threatening emergencies & other emergencies that may require hospital care.
This is the course required for health and emergency workers and daycare providers.
Prerequisite for instructor candidates and Emergency first Responder (EFR).
EFA-Modules (day 1)
- Emergency Scene Management
- Shock, fainting and unconsciousness
- Head and spinal Injuries
- Chain of survival and cardiovascular disease
- Adult CPR and choking rescues
- Introduction to community A.E.D. programs
- Wounds and bleeding,
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Burns, Bites/Stings
SFA-Modules (day 2)
- Infant and child CPR & choking
- Secondary Assessment
- Chest, Abdominal and Pelvic injuries
- Heat and cold environmental emergencies
- Multi-casualty (Optional)
- Emergency Childbirth (Optional)
- Fractures and dislocations (Optional)
- Practice rescues
- Written Exam
Standard First Aid availability
This is the course required for daycare, health, and emergency workers.
Parents, Babysitters, Guide leaders and many more will profit from this course.Included is scenarios and lots of hands on experiences.
Certification in Ontario will be provided by Toronto EMS, First Aid & CPR program or Heart & Stroke and Life’s Emergencies, with full recognition from the WSIB. First Aid Certification is valid for three years. Annual retraining in CPR is recommended – this is easily accomplished through a short refresher program (2-4 hrs.). For some individuals (e.g. electricians, nurses & other health care professionals) annual retraining in CPR is mandatory.
If you are unsure of which First Aid or CPR program you require, please email us about your requirements and we can recommend the right program. For Healthcare, we also offer the Healthcare Provider (HCP-CPR) option.