Wilderness First Aid Basic
SKU: WFA-B Hours: 20
Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care in Remote Locations,
Precourse requisition: HeartSaver CPR/C within 3 month
Good for rural or cottage living.
Ideal program for anyone who enjoys camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Learn first aid skills needed when EMS is more than an hour away.
Check the description for more details.
Wilderness First Aid Basic availability
Prices are subject to change,
To confirm pricing Call 647 331 3278 0r email
Wilderness First Aid provides information on how to handle common injuries and illnesses when medical care is an hour away or more. Designed for those who work or travel in remote locations, this comprehensive guide will teach you what to look for and what to do in the event of an emergency, and direct you to the most appropriate type of care.
The text also includes:
- Expanded information on heat and cold emergencies
- Updated guidelines for managing snake bite emergencies
- New information on managing diabetic emergencies
- Skill sheets providing step-by-step visual reviews of procedures discussed
- Flow charts reinforcing the decision-making process and appropriate procedures
- Decision tables provide a concise summary of what signs first aiders should look for and what treatment steps they should take
- Outstanding photography and illustrations